Decisions regarding the delayed opening or closure of the Ingram Senior Center are made with the utmost regard for the safety of our participants and staff.
Salem Senior Services utilizes the Town of Salem Public Schools Inclement Weather Policy to determine its weather policy. To learn if the lunch program has been cancelled watch TV Channel 9 (WMUR) or call the Nutrition Program at 893-2137.
If public announcement on TV Channel 9 (WMUR) states:
- Salem NH schools are closed due to inclement weather, all activities & classes, are cancelled.
- Salem NH schools will delay opening then all of our morning activities are cancelled, but afternoon programs will take place (center will open at 11:00am). Activities and classes may be delayed or cancelled at the discretion of the instructor and/or center coordinator.
- Town of Salem offices will delay opening or close early, the Senior Center may open or close accordingly.
- Town of Salem offices are closed, the Senior Center may close as well.
- If schools are not in session due to a regularly scheduled closing (winter break, in-service days, etc.), participants should watch TV Channel 9 (WMUR) for an announcement and/or call the center to confirm the center activity schedule for the day.
The center staff may at its discretion send an email or a robocall regarding closures or delayed openings.