TOWN OF SALEM N.H.
COMMUNITY SERVICES DEPARTMENT
Make a difference in the life of a child this summer!!
All candidates must be certified or able to be certified in CPR and First Aid
Hourly rate of pay varies by position and related experience. All applicants must be 16 years old or older.
- Playground Directors & Counselors: Candidates must be able to work well with children ages 6 to 10 (17 to 30 hours/week; M-F)
- Directors: Plan schedule of activities and oversee operations.
- Counselors: Assist with running activities and supervising field trips.
- Head Lifeguard & Lifeguards: Advanced Lifesaving Certificate required; responsible for beach area; establish and maintain good working relationships with co-workers and public; possess good judgment to handle minor problems and maintain order; lifeguard with experience and WSI preferred. (15 to 40 hours/week; Sun-Sat.)
- Head Lifeguard: Certificate required; responsible for day to day operations of the beach front including work schedules for lifeguards, in-service training, and ensuring the facility is clean and safe.
- Park Attendants: Enforces park rules and regulations, cleans and maintains the park including bathrooms and recreation areas. Ensures all users have the correct parking permit (15 to 40 hours/week; Sun-Sat.)
- Tennis Instructor (12 to 25 hours/week for 7 weeks.)
- Teen Adventure Counselor: This individual will work with the Community Services Coordinator in creating, scheduling, and supervising our teen adventure program which is a field trip-based program (Hours: 15 to 30 weekly; Mon-Fri.)
Background checks will be completed prior to hire.
Apply to: Community Services Department, 1 Sally Sweet Way, Salem, NH between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. or at: http://www.townofsalemnh.org/recreation
Deadline for applications: March 31, 2020 or when positions filled.