This page will be regularly updated with important information from state and local authorities. The links to the left contain press releases, relevant links, and announcements related to the COVID-19 outbreak.
COVID-19 Community Hotline and Email >> Your link to the Town of Salem Emergency Operations Center
Limited Access Procedures >> Due to COVID-19, the Town of Salem has established several new protocols in the delivery of important services.
Recent Press Releases >> Please use links to the left for prior Press Releases
Town of Salem Emergency Operations Center (EOC)
General Information on COVID-19
- Shortness of Breath
- Dry Cough
Although the immediate health risk to those living in New Hampshire is considered low, there are simple steps that can be taken to prevent illness. This virus spreads primarily through respiratory droplets that are dispersed when an infected person coughs or sneezes, which means that the same precautions taken during flu season will also help prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Get a flu shot- it is not too late to be protected from flu.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
- Stay home from work or school if you have a fever or are not feeling well.
Ensure community sanitation:
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.