Limited Access Procedures

How do I obtain an Engineering Permit?
  1. Complete Engineering Permit Application2 (fillable pdf)
  2. Obtain current Bonds and Insurances per application
  3. Return Application, Bonds, and Insurances to Engineering Division               

Permit applications that do not require a fee, current bonds, and insurances can be emailed to

Permit Applications that require a fee must be placed in the drop box located at the upper level entrance to Town Hall in a sealed envelope addressed to the Engineering Division or mailed to the following address:
Town of Salem
Engineering Division
33 Geremonty Drive
Salem, NH 03079
  1. Call Engineering at 603-890-2036 to confirm that all information has been received.  If information is received and completed, Engineering will authorize you to schedule work.
  2. Schedule Inspections per Application requirements
  3. Schedule Police Detail per Application requirements
Note: All excavations require DigSafe per application. In the event that DigSafe shuts down its service and/or any utility cannot do its mark-outs, no work will be permitted to proceed.