How do I obtain an Engineering Permit?
- Review Engineering Permit Information1
- Complete Engineering Permit Application2 (fillable pdf)
- Obtain current Bonds and Insurances per application
- Return Application, Bonds, and Insurances to Engineering Division
Permit applications that do not require a fee, current bonds, and insurances can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Permit Applications that require a fee must be placed in the drop box located at the upper level entrance to Town Hall in a sealed envelope addressed to the Engineering Division or mailed to the following address:
Town of Salem
33 Geremonty Drive
Salem, NH 03079
- Call Engineering at 603-890-2036 to confirm that all information has been received. If information is received and completed, Engineering will authorize you to schedule work.
- Schedule Inspections per Application requirements
- Schedule Police Detail per Application requirements
Note: All excavations require DigSafe per application. In the event that DigSafe shuts down its service and/or any utility cannot do its mark-outs, no work will be permitted to proceed.