The shut off valve before my meter does not work. Is the Town responsible to replace it?

-A A +A

Only if the valve is part of a complete meter horn assembly. Most older services (Prior to 1985) would not fit into this category. Otherwise the valve replacement would be the responsibility of the property owner. The water supply to your home would have to be shut off at the curb stop to allow for the valve change. Please contact 890-2175 to schedule an appointment. There is no fee for this service provided it takes place during normal business hours. (Monday thru Friday 7:00 am-3: 30 pm)