Where do I get a business license?

-A A +A

The Town of Salem does not license businesses; however new business owners are encouraged to call the Town of Salem Code Enforcement Department to ensure the location is properly zoned for business. Businesses and corporations are required to file with the NH Secretary of State's Office in Concord NH. Their telephone number is (603) 271-3246.

The Town of Salem also has an ordinance regarding home businesses. Please contact the Building Department for Code Enforcement information.