The Highway Department is a dedicated group of individuals who work long hours, weekdays, weekends and holidays to assure the residents of Salem they will have a safe travel. The Highway Department is dedicated to serving the Salem, NH community with the highest levels of performance, efficiency and courtesy. The Highway Department performs the following functions:
- Maintain all town streets and sidewalks
- Maintain municipal parks, playgrounds and recreational facilities
- Maintain all municipal buildings
- Performs snow removal operations
- Brush clearing – keep all intersections clear & safe
- Street Signs
Contact the Public Works main phone number at 890-2150, fax 890-3882. Hours of operation are 7:00am to 3:30pm, Monday through Friday. (24 hr voice mail) Emergencies may be reported other times by contacting the Fire Department business line at 890-2200.
The Town of Salem maintains 210 miles of roads. Please call us at 890-2150 to report potholes, catch basin problems, street signs missing, tree or tree limbs down in road, icy roads, or drainage problems.
To report a street light out call National Grid at 1-800-322-3223.