- If you have any questions, you can call (603) 890-2164, Tuesday through Saturday. Call ahead of time with your questions and this could save you time.
- Permit/Stickers are required. Permanently affix stickers on the inside lower left of the window. This is strictly enforced!
- The Salem Transfer Station is located on Shannon Road. Hours of operation are Tuesdays through Saturdays, 7:00am to 2:45pm. On Wednesday, it is open until 6:45pm.
- Stickers for the Transfer Station may be obtained at the Town Clerk/Collections office located in the Town Hall for $15.00. A vehicle registration is required. Transfer Station stickers are valid from April 1st through March 31st.
- Transfer Station is for residents only. Businesses must make arrangements with private trash/refuse haulers for solid waste removal.
- Commercial Hauler questions, contact the Transfer Station at (603) 890-2164.
- Bulky coupons must match the sticker on the vehicle and must be completed.
- Bulky coupons are not needed for metal and brush/leaves.
Monthly Percentage of Residential Recycling from October 2011 through December 2013:
- 2011 - Yearly Average 16%
- 2012 - Yearly Average 18%
- 2013 - Yearly Average 21%
- 2014 - monthly average
- Jan - 23% Feb - 22% Mar - 22%
Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day
Usually the Saturday following the Labor Day holiday in September, but check the Town website, newspapers and SCTV17 for the actual date. The schedule changes every year pending approval of funds in annual budget. Also, there is a sign posted at the entrance of the Transfer Station noting the Household Hazardous Waste Day date.