We seek to provide leisure activities that are varied and respond to the needs of the general public. We are responsible for planning, scheduling and implementing a variety of youth and adult programs. We are here to provide efficient and equitable use of programs and facilities for the enjoyment of all who make up our diverse community.
Our WINTER BROCHURE is now online
- 'LIKE' Us on Facebook
- 2016-17 NEW! Winter Brochure
- 2016-17 Online Registration
- 2016-17 Winter Programs
- Contact Recreation
- Facility Request Policy
- Hedgehog Park Master Plan
- National Recreation and Park Association Public Service Announcement
- Other Programs
- Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Needs Assessment Survey Results
- Recreation Opportunities and Important Telephone Numbers
- Salem Olympic Devils
Monday - Thursday: 8:30-4:30pm
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I have to get a permit to use one of the neighborhood parks for a cookout or picnic?
- How old do I have to be to work as a lifeguard or playground leader for the Recreation Department?
- How do I know if a program is cancelled due to weather conditions?
- What if I know I am going to miss the first class of the program I am registered in?
- Where can I canoe?