The primary responsibility of the Planning Division is administering the Town’s land use controls, including subdivision and site plan regulations. This involves reviewing plans and proposals to make sure they comply with Town regulations, helping applicants, reviewing building permit applications, inspecting sites, answering questions from the public, and working with other Town staff and consultants. We arrange Planning Board, Conservation Commission, and Zoning Board of Adjustment meetings throughout the year, prepare agendas and information packets, attend the meetings, and implement their decisions.
Our other major responsibility is long-range planning for the community. This involves updating and implementing the Town’s Master Plan, adding or amending regulations to control land development, preparing planning studies, and working on a variety of miscellaneous projects for the betterment of the Town.
- Planning Projects
- 2017 Site Plan/Subdivision amendments
- 2017 Zoning amendments
- Contact the Planning Department
- Current Projects - February 2017
- Documents and Links
- Flood Safety Awareness
- Impact Fee Update 2014 -Report
- Master Plan
- NH Homeowner's Guide to Stormwater Management
- Site Plan Review Regulations
- Subdivision Regulations
- Zoning Regulations
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I submit a citizen zoning petition?
- Do I need a permit to install/repair my dock or retaining wall on the shoreline?
- Do I need a permit to fill a low spot on my property?
- Do I need Planning Board approval for my project?
- How can abutters or interested citizens raise concerns about a project to the Planning Board?